What Should I Expect for My First Massage in Tamarac, FL? How to Prepare & More
There are several ways a massage can help you feel better. When you have extremely sore muscles or are recovering from an injury, there is nothing better than letting a licensed massage therapist help you. If you haven’t ever had a massage, you may not know what to expect from the appointment. Massage Miami Central is here to share some tips to help you make the most out of your first ever massage.
What Should I Do Before Getting a Massage?
There are a few things that you can do before your massage to make it the best it can be. Following are some of the things you should do to get ready.
- Don’t exercise within the hour of your massage. If you’re going to exercise make sure there is plenty of time before your appointment so that your muscles have time to relax before getting manipulated.
- You shouldn’t have a full bladder when you go in for your massage. This can make the appointment extremely uncomfortable for you.
- Feel free to consult with your therapist before the appointment and tell them about any ailments you may be feeling. It is their goal to help you walk away feeling better, and that is easier when they know the areas of your body they need to focus on.
What to Expect During a Massage
It is vital that during your massage you communicate with your therapist. They need to know it when they strike a nerve, or something doesn’t feel quite right. If there is anything that makes you feel uncomfortable, you need to speak up. It is always the goal of your massage therapist to make sure you enjoy the appointment. You should also know that there are different types of massage you can choose from. If you aren’t into deep tissue massages, there are other options to choose from so make sure they know what you’re looking for.
What You Should Do After Your Massage
After you get a massage there are several things you can do to make the most of the massage.
- Drink Lots of Water: This can’t be said enough. You need to drink plenty of water to flush out the lactic acid that can build up after a massage. Just like a heavy workout, your muscles just got worked and need hydration to recover.
- Epsom Salt Bath: Taking a 20 minute Epsom salt bath can be a great way to reduce inflammation and relax after a massage.
- Sleep on Your Back: This is going to be the best position for sleeping after you have received a massage. It will help reduce pressure on your spine.
Massage Therapy & More in Greater Miami Beach, Downtown Miami, Brickell, Hialeah, Miami Gardens, Kendall, Fort Lauderdale, Pembroke Pines & Hollywood, FL
If you haven’t ever had a massage before, you can trust Massage Miami Central to help you feel your best. Our licensed massage therapists will ensure your muscles are loose and relaxed after a massage with us. Call us today!